Caramel Maple Granola
An irresistible crunchy mix of caramelised oats and chewy apricots and Cranberries that will make your morning start with a luxurious vegan treat! I get pestered and pestered to keep making this, as when it runs out everyone gets grumpy!
Who says we have it tough? 😉
- 600g (6 cups) Oats
- 200g Flaked Almonds
- 200g Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 160g Non-Dairy Spread
- ½ cup maple Syrup
- 100g Craisons
- 150g Dried Apricots, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- In a large bowl toss together all of the ingredients except the spread, maple syrup, craisons & apricots.
- Heat the spread & maple syrup together until melted, either in a saucepan or use the microwave. Keep watching it and stirring it until the spread has completely melted.
- Pour over the oat mixture and mix thoroughly. Spread the granola mixture out onto two parchment lined baking trays and bake. Stir every 10 minutes, really making sure you get all of the granola (especially in the corners) and really mix it up. Granola will caramelise and take around 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, add the Craisons & Apricots and mix well.
- Leave to cool and then place in an airtight container.
- Important Note: I buy the Apricots already chopped, I find they are drier and do not add moisture to the Granola. Chopping whole dried apricots will make the mixture moist and lose its crunch so you will need smaller batches or baking it with the oat mixture.