Cacciatore Tofu with Salted Capers and Baby Olives
A hearty Italian classic flavour combo that just works! Rich red ripe tomatoes, a splash of wine, ripped fresh basil, salted capers and baby olives all happy to bubble away together for a family dinner everyone will love! Go heavy on the garlic for a good punch of flavour..go on..your garlic breath won’t bother me! 😉
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 3 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup dry White Wine
- 500g Tomato Passata
- 450g Firm Tofu, sliced 1cm thick
- 50g small mixed Mediterranean Olives
- 1 tablespoon Capers, washed
- 1 small Bullet Chilli, sliced thin (optional)
- Fresh basil to serve.
- In a pot heat the oil and add the onions & garlic, saute for a few minutes.
- Add wine, passata, olives and capers. Simmer.
- Season to taste.
- Char-grill the slices of tofu (well oiled) and turn each side after 1-2 minutes.
- Arrange tofu slices in bowls, top with cacciatore sauce, ripped basil and optional chilli.
- Serve with crusty bread and a generous glass of wine and enjoy!