Nothing beats a hot curry with so many flavours all vying for attention! Lemony Garlicky Gingery Chilliery…Hmm you know what I mean.
This is real comfort food and even before you tuck in the whole house smells amazing!
Keep the door locked or the neighbours might find a reason to ‘pop in!’
- 220g Blue Lotus Tandoori marinated tofu, (or any firm tofu)
- Marinade for Tofu:
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 1-2 long green chillies, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- I tablespoon non-dairy spread
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 300ml coconut cream
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- ½ cup fresh coriander, torn
- Tear the tofu into bite size pieces and marinate in the lemon, garlic, ginger, cumin, turmeric, cardamom and cayenne pepper. Mix together and set aside.
- Make the ‘butter’ sauce. Puree the tomatoes, chilli & ginger in a food processor. Melt the non-dairy spread in a saucepan and add onion, stirring occasionally for a few minutes until the onions have softened. Add paprika and tomato puree mixture and simmer, stirring frequently until the mixture has thickened a little.
- Add salt, coconut milk & tofu. Reduce heat to low and heat for 10-15 minutes until the tofu has heated through. Stir in the garam masala and ¾ of the coriander. Serve with remaining coriander, pappadums & steamed rice. Enjoy!