Okay so I’m not sitting on the edges of the Mediterranean Sea but hey…a girl can dream huh?
The dish is pretty to look at but if you close your eyes you just might be in the Mediterranean!
The rich tomato, garlic and big bursts of olives make it virtually posh food!
Hard to believe it only takes 15 minutes!
- 1 x garlic Clove, crushed
- 1 x Zucchini
- 1 x Large Tomato
- 1 x Yellow Capsicum
- 8 x Mushrooms
- Handful of Kalamata Olives
- Springs of Rosemary
- S & P to season
- Cornmeal (Polenta):
- 650ml Water
- 1 tablespoon non-dairy spread
- 2 tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
- Salt & Pepper
- **Additional tablespoon non-dairy spread**
- In a frypan place the oil and the garlic, add all of the vegetables and olives, cook until the vegetables are soft, brown and season them well. Add rosemary sprigs. Set aside.
- In a saucepan place water and non-dairy spread and bring to the heat. When simmering gradually pour the polenta and keep whisking. Polenta thickens quickly so do not leave it. Season it well. It will take about 10-15 minutes at least.
- Mix in the additional non-dairy spread and the nutritional yeast.
- The polenta is ready once you taste it and it is soft and ‘creamy’ and no longer grainy.
- Pour it into your dish and top with the Mediterranean vegetables.
- A flavourful quick and easy dish that is pretty easy to prepare (and looks a bit posh too so you can get away with it for a dinner party!)