Thai flavours that really make a pasta dish go from a ho-hum meal to a restaurant style dish.
Simple to make with beautiful complimenting flavours of curry, coconut, chilli, sweet pumpkin and a fusion twist with the crispy sage.
- 1/2 Packet Barilla Rigatoni, cooked according to package directions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 x clove garlic, chopped
- ½ teaspoon Vegan Red Curry Paste (Lamyong)
- 2 x cups steamed Pumpkin
- 1 x tin Coconut Milk
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Chilli (Optional)
- 2 tablespoons Nuttelex
- 8 fresh sage leaves, whole
- Sea salt
- Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil. Add rigatoni and cook according to package directions. Drain and return to pot.
- In a frypan, heat oil and sauté onions until soft. Add garlic & curry paste and let cook a few more minutes. Remove from heat. In a blender, puree the onion mixture, pumpkin, coconut milk, salt, and pepper until smooth. Add chilli flakes to taste (optional) If the sauce is too thick add some water until it is the right consistency.
- Heat 2 tablespoons nuttelex in a small frypan until a small piece of sage sizzles when added. Fry the remaining sage leaves 4 at a time, flipping once, until crispy (about 1 minute total). Watch the sage leaves carefully to make sure that they do not burn. Let them drain on a paper towel and season lightly with salt.
- Toss hot pasta with Pumpkin Cream Sauce. Garnish with crispy sage and cracked pepper. Enjoy!