Rustic Grill’d Vegetable Tart
Rustic Grilled Vegetable Tart drizzled with Spinach & Cashew Pesto. A great way to use up all your vegetables & leftovers!
This rustic tart has a buttery cheese crust, it’s easy to make and has wow factor.
- Cheeze Pastry:
- 125g Nuttelex
- 250g (1.5 cups) Plain Flour
- 3 tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
- 2-4 tablespoons Ice Water
- 2 x Zucchini’s
- 1 x Red Capsicum
- 6 x Button Mushrooms
- 4 x Slices Eggplant
- 10 x Grape Tomatoes
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 x cup Grated Vegan Mozzarella Style Cheeze.
- 1 x Clove Garlic
- 40g Raw Cashews
- 2 x cups Baby Spinach Leaves
- 80ml (1/3 cup) Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Make the pastry by combining all ingredients except the water in a food processor, when it has got to crumb stage then add the ice water just until it comes together. Turn it out onto a lightly floured bench top, knead gently then wrap in glad wrap and pop into the fridge to rest.
- Prepare your vegetables except the grape tomatoes, cut; slice or keep whole, different colours and shapes make it interesting. Put all vegetables in a bowl with some oil and salt & cracked pepper. Toss. Char grill all the vegetables lightly on a BBQ or fry pan. Do not overcook. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Pesto – Very easy! Everything goes into the food processor and blend. I like to keep it chunky so do not blend mine until super smooth.
- Assembling the tart –
- Preheat your oven to 200c – Roll out your pastry to a large circle on baking paper. Place on a cooking tray (pizza trays are ideal)
- Spread ½ the pesto on the base, leaving a 2 cm border all the way around. Top this with the grated vegan cheese and top with the roasted vegetables. Fold and partially pleat the pastry around the filling. Place the grape tomatoes around the top. Lightly brush the pastry with non-dairy milk. Bake for 30 minutes. Drizzle remaining pesto over the top and cut into chunky wedges to serve. Enjoy!