Smokey Corn & Quinoa Chowder
This really is a one-pot wonder!
What better way to boost your nutrition than a hot steaming bowl of Quinoa with sweet plump corn with a hint of smoke flavour.
This is feel good food at its best. Grab some crunchy bread, the TV remote and curl up on the couch.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- ½ cup tri-coloured quinoa, uncooked
- I teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chilli, ground (optional)
- 1 420g tin of extra sweet corn kernels
- 4 potatoes, unpeeled and diced
- 1 x 420g tin red kidney beans
- 1 x 410g tin of crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon liquid smoke
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a large soup pot, sauté the onion, garlic and oil together. Add the quinoa.
- Add the smoked paprika, chilli (optional), corn, potatoes, kidney beans, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, liquid smoke & vegetable stock.
- Cook on medium heat until it thickens and it reduces by about half (about 30-45 mins). Season it with salt & freshly ground black pepper.
- Serving options: chopped fresh parsley, coriander, tofutti sour cream, crushed cashews, diced onion or pepitas. Enjoy!
Had this at a friends last night. Yummy & healthy! It tastes very authentic (Mexican). My hubby can’t wait for me to make it.