Fruity Malt Loaf
An English classic that can’t quite decide if its a cake or its a bread. Its sticky, sweet and crunchy and served in a multitude of ways but the best way to have it is a simple smidge of dairy-free spread and a ‘two-hands required’ mug of hot tea! Channel your inner-nana and get some baking for afternoon tea and for goodness sake…use the GOOD napkins! We all know you have some tucked away that are not made of paper! 😉
- 345g Self Raising Flour
- 230g Sugar
- 180g Sultanas
- 3 tablespoons Cadbury Drinking Chocolate or Nesquick Chocolate (yes they are vegan!)
- Pinch Salt
- 285ml Non-Dairy Milk
- Heat oven to 160c.
- Grease and line a loaf tin.
- Sieve all dry ingredients together in mixing bowl.
- Add milk and sultanas and mix thoroughly.
- Place in loaf tin and bake for an house and a half until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cover with foil halfway through the cooking process if the top is getting too brown.
- Turn out to a wire rack and cool.
- Serve sliced with dairy free spread.