Walnut & Cinnamon Scrolls
Surprise your friends with these amazing scrolls and show them that Vegans do not live on Kale alone.
What better than a fresh cinnamon scroll with sticky sweet vanilla icing as a treat?
When these are baking lines form of family and friends at the oven door. YUM!
- 290ml Non-Dairy Milk (I used Soy)
- Egg Replacer for 1 x Egg
- 2 tablespoons of Non-Dairy Spread
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 3.5 cups (525g) Bread Flour
- 1 teaspoon Bread Improver
- 2 ¼ teaspoons Yeast
- 3 tablespoons Non-Dairy Spread
- 4 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- ½ cup (70g) Walnuts
- ½ – 1 tablespoon Cinnamon
- ½ cup Icing Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 2 teaspoons Non-Dairy Milk
- Sweet Dough: Combine milk,egg replacer, spread, salt, sugar, bread flour, improver and yeast and knead well. If you have a bread machine or appliance then let them do the work otherwise give your arms a workout. Knead until just combined then roll out to a large square.
- Filling: Melt spread and using a pastry brush, brush half over the rolled out dough. Combine brown sugar, walnuts & cinnamon in a food processor and chop until fine (or if you like large pieces of nuts then leave it a bit coarser).
- Sprinkle the sugar & nut mix over the dough evenly. Drizzle the remaining butter over the sugar mixture.
- Roll up width wise and cut into 3cm thick slices. Place on a greased baking tray and cover lightly with greased plastic wrap and stand in a warm area for 20 minutes or more until doubled in size.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180c for 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool before drizzling with the Vanilla Icing.
- Icing: Combine ingredients until smooth and thin enough to drizzle over the scrolls.
Now eat like a caveman! 😀