Mini Vegan Jam Doughnut Muffins
Bringing a vegan hot jam doughnut van to your very own kitchen these classic hot jam doughnuts are super easy to make in muffin tins!
Best eaten warm (of course) and remember it is not good manners to hide them from people to make sure you get more. The smell will give you away!
- 300g (2 cups) self-raising flour
- 2/3 cup sugar, plus 1/2 cup extra to coat
- 80ml (1/3 cup) vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Ogran Egg Replacer (with 2T water mixed together)
- 175ml non dairy milk (can use coconut milk also)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 teaspoons good-quality strawberry jam
- 100g non dairy spread
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180°C and grease a 6-hole muffin pan.
- Sift the flour into a medium bowl, then add a pinch of salt and the caster sugar. In a jug, combine the vegetable oil, egg replacer mixture, non dairy milk and vanilla extract. Add to the dry mixture and stir to only just combine. Place a spoonful of the mixture in each muffin hole and make an indent in the centre. Fill each indent with a generous 1/2 teaspoon of strawberry jam. Cover the jam with the remaining muffin mixture and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter. Combine the extra sugar and the cinnamon in a large bowl. When the muffins are cool enough to handle, brush each muffin with the melted butter, then roll in the cinnamon sugar. Serve while still a little warm.