Tangy Lemon Self Saucing Pudding
What better than a hot self saucing pudding on a cold night to make everyone feel content! Even after a big meal everyone manages a spoon – or two – or three with melting ice cream. Feel good food at its finest yet SO simple and fills the house with homey happy smells.
- 2 cups Self Raising Flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoons Lemon Zest
- 4 tablespoons Non-Dairy Spread, melted
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 1 cup Non-Dairy Milk
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 2 cups boiling Water
- 1 cup fresh Lemon Juice
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- In a mixing bowl, add flour, sugar, lemon zest & vanilla essence.
- While mixing add the melted spread and milk.
- Mix well until no lumps remain.
- Pour into greased deep oven dish and sprinkle over the sugar.
- Pour the hot water & lemon juice carefully over the cake batter.
- Place in the oven for 30 – 35 minutes.
- Serving suggestion – Five minutes before taking it out of the oven, top it with flaked almonds and slices of fresh lemon.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve with a generous scoop of non-dairy ice cream.